DC: Good Stuff Eatery

The weekend flew by in a blink of an eye and suddenly it was time to move my sister to JHU. We flew out of California on Tuesday and arrived in Baltimore in the early morning hours of Wednesday. After getting some shut-eye, we took a mini-trip within our Baltimore trip to Washington DC.

That made it the third time I've been to DC this year. Since my family had never been, I had to play tour guide. Well, sort of. Immediately upon arriving at the Mall, I started texting my DC friend to see what's good for lunch. I remembered him telling me about a burger place close to the Capitol building on my last visit. My friend came out to meet us at Good Stuff Eatery:



Former "Top Chef" contestant, Spike Mendelsohn, is the owner of Good Stuff Eatery. I've never been an avid "Top Chef" watcher, so I'd never heard of him. I'm not sure if it's due to his name or the food itself, but the place sure was crowded. Seems like it's a very popular place for people who work at the Capitol to stop by for lunch. Definitely a lot of suits in line.

My parents each got the Lunch Bag, which is a regular Farmhouse Cheeseburger with fries and a drink for $10.

My sister and I decided to share the Colletti's Smokehouse (around $7) because we weren't very hungry:



The burger consisted of applewood bacon, sharp Vermont cheddar, fried onion rings, and chipotle bbq sauce. A little on the small side for its price, but quite tasty in an old-fashioned greasy way.

On top of my parents' fries, we ordered some Village Fries:



The Village Fries comes topped with thyme, rosemary, and sea salt. I love the combination of thyme, rosemary, and potatoes, but after dipping the fries in the various flavored mayos provided, the taste of the herbs was unfortunately lost. So if you're the type who can't eat fries without some kind of dipping sauce, go with the regular fries. Oh, before I forget, the sea salt was fantastic.

There were a lot of mayos to choose from, but my favorites were the mango and the Old Bay:



My parents LOVED the mango mayo. My poor sister had to make multiple trips downstairs to get it refilled.

Overall, decent burgers, but rather expensive for the size. The Prez Obama burger is supposed to be really good. If I ever come back, I'll be giving that a try. But if I had a choice, I would go with Ray's Hell Burger.


Good Stuff Eatery
303 Pennsylvania Ave SE
Washington DC 20003
(252) 543-8222
http://www.goodstuffeatery.com/

Comments

  1. I can't believe you linked back to your own blog. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!