Taiwan: Ootoya

The Neihu MRT line didn't start running until after I left Taiwan last summer, so there's a whole part of Taipei that I haven't explored at all. I was given the chance to finally walk around Miramar (this huge shopping - mostly expensive imported brands - mall plus movie theater with a ferris wheel on its roof) when my sister and I were invited out for lunch by some old family friends. We met at the Ootoya restaurant in the basement of Miramar:



Ootoya is a chain Japanese restaurant. You can choose from various set meals. I went with the tonkatsu:



My sister had a field day grinding up the sesame seeds for the sauce. All that food for 260 NT (under $9).

My sister ordered the unagi over rice:



The unagi came with its offal in a bowl:



Looks sketchy, but actually quite tasty.

We had a blast catching up with old friends and enjoying good food. Shopping at Miramar may be too expensive for me, but I wouldn't be opposed to coming back just for its food court.


大戶屋
104台灣台北市中山區敬業三路20號
02-8501-2772

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!