South Bay: Taqueria Las Vegas

Over the past year, I've been consistently craving one thing: carne asada fries. I was introduced to the magic of carne asada fries at Taqueria Las Vegas a few years back and ever since then, I've been hooked. Now that I'm going to school in Chicago, I can only wait until I come back to the Bay to satisfy my cravings:



Whenever we come to Taqueria Las Vegas, the first thing we get is a large cup of horchata:



My dad likes to call it "xi mi shui" or "rice washing water", but we usually just ignore him. We get so many refills that we actually feel guilty.

My mom is a big nacho fan:



My ahyi got a quesadilla:



The quesadilla is huge (as is just about everything at Taqueria Las Vegas), but I can't help but think back to the fabulous handmade quesadilla I got at the Maxwell Street Market in Chicago...

And here it is, the carne asada fries:



Essentially, it's just a layer of carne asada on a bed of steak fries, smothered in cheese, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. Simple, but AMAZING. My friends tell me that "real" carne asada fries are found in Socal and are made with shoestring fries with far less toppings. Meh. These are real enough for me.

The key at Taqueria Las Vegas is to order everything to go. They give you more in the take out box than on the plates. Then you can sit and enjoy inside (or outside), refill your drink, refill your free chips and salsa, and pack away the leftovers (if you have any).

Love, love, love this place.


Taqueria Las Vegas
1417 N Milpitas Blvd
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 262-2415

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!