Taiwan: Ningxia Night Market

The Ningxia night market is right downstairs from my workplace. I walk by it every evening on my way to the MRT stop, but I didn't actually explore it until 3 weeks before the end of my internship:



The entire night market is only a block long, so we walked through the whole thing once before we decided on what we wanted to eat. It sucks when you get to the end, see something you want to eat, but are too full to get it.

I was immediately drawn to the mountain of fried chicken butts at this stand:



The chicken butts were a lot fattier than from other stands:



My sister found a stand of duck yumminess:



Check out the size of those duck hearts:



I love the abundance of freshly squeezed lemonade in Taiwan:



At many food stands in Taiwan you can find posted photos of celebrities who ate there. I know next to nothing about Taiwanese celebrities, but I still take note of them to figure out which places are more popular:



I actually didn't see the celebrity photo until after I got in line. I was more interested in the promise of lamb wrapped in a green onion pancake:



I shouldn't have made my sister get an order of little pan fried steamed buns for me:



They were really tasty but I was too full by then to appreciate them.

Ningxia night market is a good place to just grab some food. Don't expect to get any shopping done, but there is a little area for playing games and winning prizes if that's what you're into (personally I think they're a waste of money, but my sister loves to shoot BB guns).

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!