South Bay: China Palace Restaurant

As a continuation of our eating spree leading up to my sister's departure for college, a very dear family friend took us out to China Palace Restaurant for lunch:



The cute thing about this place is that everyone gets a free pearl milk tea:



First is the dish I didn't touch. The chicken wings looked why too spicy for me:



We ordered some fried frog legs, but apparently they ran out, so we replaced it with some regular salt and pepper fish:



The fish was tender, the batter was crisp, everything a salt and pepper fried dish should be.

My mom loves their tofu in a bamboo steamer:



It goes very well with rice.

Just for my sister and I, they ordered some intestines in black bean sauce:



I got to pick a dish and on a bit of a dare, I selected the crocodile meat:



I don't think our family friends expected me tho choose the crocodile, but I had no problems chowing down on that stuff. There was nothing gamey or fishy about the meat, in fact, it tasted a lot like...chicken. How disappointing (for me) and relieving (for the rest of the table).

The server said we needed a veggie dish, so we got one...covered in meat:



The food at China Palace Restaurant is good and cheap, but not especially spectacular. Part of the fun is scanning through the list of dishes posted on the wall instead of looking through the menu. The free pearl milk tea is nice too. It's a good place to come if you don't feel like cooking and just want some decent Chinese grub.


China Palace Restaurant
688 Barber Ln
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 894-7060

Comments

  1. I still think they just throw on some beef and call it crocodile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!