Baltimore: Blue Moon Cafe

Friday was our day to explore Baltimore. When I told my family that I wanted to try Blue Moon Cafe for brunch, I felt I needed a reason to justify the trip besides the food supposedly being good. Luckily for me, it turns out that Blue Moon Cafe is located in Fells Point, a historic area in Baltimore (or so my sister says):



We got lucky. Our wait for a table of four was only 40 minutes. Parties of two were looking at an hour-long wait.

We took some pictures around the pier and before we knew it, it was our turn to be seated:



The interior was small, but cozy, and really quirky, with nice wooden tables and a tiny skeleton dangling from the ceiling.

We were all still recovering from the heavy dinner the night before, so we quickly agreed to split two dishes between the four of us.

The reason why I wanted to try Blue Moon Cafe in the first place was this:



The Captain Crunch French Toast. Just look at it. Three layers of gorgeousness. The crushed Captain Crunch cereal batter around the french toast was simply divine. After one bite I could understand why every table in the place sported at least one order of Captain Crunch French Toast.

To balance the sweet, we ordered the universal omelette:



The omelette was stuffed with just about everything an omelette could be stuffed with: ham, sausage, bacon, broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, peppers, mozzarella, and cheddar. So delicious. The hash browns were also amazingly good.

The omelette came with a choice of toast or biscuit. We went with the toast:



The blueberry preserves was so tasty. Combined with butter on toast...perfection. But seeing homemade biscuits being carried out to other tables made me regret choosing toast. Those biscuits looked GOOD.

With just those two dishes, my entire family left Blue Moon Cafe feeling stuffed. Shameful, I know.


Blue Moon Cafe
1621 Aliceanna St
Baltimore, MD 21231
(410) 522-3940

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!