Baltimore: G&M Restaurant

Thursday morning was spent helping my sister move into her dorm. Lunch was eaten on campus at a parent reception catered by the school. The afternoon was dedicated to hitting up Target for everything else my sister and our friend (who is also attending the same college) still needed to buy. It was no surprise to me that we'd all worked up quite an appetite by dinnertime.

Even before arriving in Baltimore, I knew that I couldn't leave without getting some crab cakes. When I mentioned that to the Enterprise man who rented us our van, he recommended G&M, where he said the crab cakes are "the size of baseballs":



First came the buns:



The buns were disappointing. They were nowhere as fluffy as they looked, but were in fact quite stale.

The onion rings, however, were fantastic:



Even better though, were the fried mushrooms:



The crust was crunchy, while the mushroom inside was amazingly juicy. I kept popping those suckers like crazy. (So was my mom.)

Since there were six of us altogether, we ordered three appetizers. Our server recommended the crab dip:



Sadly, we weren't all that impressed by the dip. There was quite a lot of crab in it, but it wasn't particularly flavorful.

Every entrée came with a salad:



I have nothing to say about salads. (Nothing positive at least.)

Despite being hungry, my family decided to share 3 entrees between the four of us. Experience has taught us that portions at restaurants tend to be bigger than we can manage and we wanted to avoid leftovers. After doing some reading on Yelp, we knew to stay away from the steaks and to try the pastas. My mom wanted to try their shrimp scampi:



She didn't like the heavy alcohol taste, which added a sourness to the pasta.

My sister and I share an a love for eggplant, so we picked the eggplant parmigiana:



Our entrée also came with regular pasta:



The star of the show was the crab cake. You can choose between the single ($17) and the double ($25) crab cake platter. Each comes with two sides. For the four of us, we figured the double would be most appropriate:



Enterprise man didn't lie....they were indeed the size of baseballs. I was skeptic at first, thinking that the crab cake would be dry. Nothing like that. HUGE chunks of crab were bound together by some kind of creamy deliciousness:



Including the sides and appetizers, there was so much food that we ended up not being able to finish most of it. In fact, we barely touched the eggplant parmigiana. My sister and our friend each went back to their dorms with a large box of leftovers.


G&M Restaurant
804 N Hammond Ferry Rd
Linthicum, MD 21090
(410) 636-1777
http://www.gandmrestaurant.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!