Taiwan: Shida Night Market

Summer means that every night market in Taiwan is going to be crammed full of people. Students are out of school, so going on a weekday won't make any difference. Shida night market is in the vicinity of two major universities, which adds to the crush:



My first stop was at this little pastry stand:



This stuff smells incredible, so even though I'm not a major fan, once in a while I'm convinced by the aroma that wafts by. You can choose from a variety of fillings. I went with cream:



Since there were so many people, we decided to enter a restaurant. After looking around, we settled on getting some beef noodles here:



The dry noodle is basically beef noodle soup without the soup:



And here's with soup:



The noodle was really Q and the beef really flavorful. The soup wasn't as salty as I'm used to having, but still tasty.

While we were waiting for our noodles, my sister ran next door for some marinated goods:



She picked pork ears, pork intestines, and fatty pork:



You place what you want in a basket and they'll cook it for you. After dumping everything in a bag, they'll throw in some pickled vegetables and green onion.

Shida night market is one of my favorite night markets in Taiwan. There are a lot of food options, from stands to restaurants, as well as a lot of little clothing boutiques for the shopping inclined. We didn't eat as much as I hoped to, so I guess I'll just have to come back again...

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!