DC: Ray's Hell Burger

Who says DC doesn't have good food? After trying Ray's Hell Burger, I beg to differ. Okay, so maybe Ray's Hell Burger is technically in Virginia. Whatever. Anywhere within reach of the metro is DC as far as I'm concerned:



I love how Ray's Hell Burger invested virtually nothing in its interior design. You grab a paper menu off the wall, order at the counter, get a number, find a table, and wait for a server to come out with your burger. Nothing fancy here:



I do have to say that I was really impressed with the staff. One of my friends from Chicago is interning in DC for the summer, so I invited her along to introduce her to my DC friend. She can't eat anything with gluten in it, so she always has to be super careful when she goes out to eat. The staff were very helpful and even came out to our table to verify whether certain ingredients would be safe for her to eat.

I knew right off the bat what I wanted to order:



Where else can you find the DogCatcher? That's roasted BONE MARROW on the burger. I'm such a big fan of bone marrow. I can't believe I've never thought of having bone marrow in a burger before. The marrow was fatty and delicious and mind-blowing. Cheese was unnecessary because the marrow served to bind the entire burger together.

Just take a look at this cross-section:



The patty was a bit rare for a medium, but while that may be off-putting for some people, it was a blessing for me. I usually would've ordered rare to medium rare to begin with anyway, but for some freak reason I decided to play it safe and stick with medium this time around. The bun was soft, the patty salty and meaty. Pure heaven in a bite.

Ray's Hell Burger has to be the best burger I've had in a long while. Sometimes all I ask for is a juicy, greasy burger. I haven't been able to find that in Chicago yet, but who knows...maybe Ray can open a branch there?


Ray's Hell Burger
1725 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22209
(703) 841-0001

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!