South Bay: The Boiling Crab

Words cannot express how much my family loves The Boiling Crab. We love it so much that we bring all our friends. So when I found out that my old Berkeley roommates had never been before, I knew I had to make it happen. And I did. The day immediately after I returned from Taiwan (because that's how we roll):



The one thing about Boiling Crab that can get annoying is the potentially long wait. If you don't get there early enough to enter the restaurant with the first group right when it opens, you're looking at an hour and a half to a two hour wait. We ended up waiting about two hours.

The interior design of the restaurant is a lot of fun. First there's the giant shark hanging from the ceiling, then there's the completely marked up wall and multiple screens displaying different sports games:



My favorite thing to get is the fried catfish:



The catfish is served fresh from the fryer. It's hot, hot, HOT and oh so juicy (in an awesomely fatty way). It comes with mayo and on a bed of the most amazing cajun fries ever.

We usually also get 2 lbs of shrimp, the whole shebang, mild:



You can choose what kind of sauce you want your seafood to bathe in. There really is no choice. Go for the whole shebang (it's a mix of all the sauces and it's fantastic).

My friend wanted to try the sweet potato fries:



In my humble opinion, they're good...but not as good as the regular cajun fries. Potatoes forever!

Boiling Crab is a great place to hang with friends, watch sports, and get dirty. There are no utensils, only a sheet of wax paper on the table and a roll of paper towels. If you don't think you have the skills, ask for a bib.


Boiling Crab
1631 E Capitol Expy #101
San Jose, CA 95121
(408) 532-6147

Comments

  1. You should talk more about PRICES. hahaha. Man, I want some juicy CATFISH.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!