Taiwan: Zhou Ji

I usually pick rice over noodles, but I make an exception for thick, hand-cut noodles. After hanging around Ximending (think huge over-priced shopping area for middle to high schoolers and tourists) for a bit, we met up with an old friend and went hunting for some dinner.

I remembered that there was a hand-cut noodle place somewhere in the area and even though I didn't have the address or the name, we managed to find it:



I wish I'd taken some pictures of the homemade noodles before I sat down to eat because by the time we were finished, the little restaurant was closed and everyone was busy washing dishes. Sigh.

My sister ordered a soup noodle:



The soup was nice and thick, but very light in flavor. The thin sheets of bamboo added a sweetness.

Our friend and I, on the other hand, both went with stir-fried hand-cut noodles with beef:



Just look at how thick and beautiful the noodles were. The noodles were so Q, so delicious. Really, nothing beats hand-cut noodle in my opinion.


周記
100台灣台北市中正區漢口街一段80巷12之5號
02-2371-8008

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!