Taiwan: Qi Tiao Tong

My family's favorite place for gyoza is Qi Tiao Tong:



The owner actually trained in Japan for a number of years before opening this restauarnt in Danshui. I remember coming here multiple times the past two summers. This summer they've shortened their business hours, so it's usually closed by the time I get back to Danshui. The day my sister was to leave Taiwan I took the day off and we came here for lunch with my grandparents at my sister's request.

You can't not start with some appetizers. Here's bean curd and seaweed:



Here's thousand year old egg with tofu:



And here's some yam leaves:



And of course, the star of the show, the gyoza:



The wrapper is super thin, super delicate. It takes some skills to eat these without spilling the filling everywhere. The cabbage in the filling is chopped so finely that the texture is almost silky on your tongue.

Still the best gyoza I've ever had. Unfortunately, rent is going up, so the store might close. I really, really hope that doesn't happen.


七條通
251台灣台北縣淡水鎮重建街98號
02-2621-6822

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!