South Bay: Sen Dai Sushi

As if all the food we had in SoCal wasn't enough to last us a while, the day after we returned, T, my sister, and I met up with my high school friend, NB, for lunch at Sen Dai:



I'd been wanting to go for a while, so I shamelessly suggested it when T asked where we should go.  The last time I tried to go with my mom and ahyi, the parking lot was so full that we hightailed it out of there.  This time, parking was a lot more manageable and there was no wait to get seated.

My sister and I split a saba shioyaki bento and added tempura:



T and NB went with a chicken terriyaki bento:


And added sashimi:


The four of us split three rolls.  Here's the blondie bombshell roll and the matsu:


The blondie bombshell was was a unagi and avocado rolle topped with yellowtail, crushed macadamia nuts, and tobiko.  The matsu was a unagi and crab roll topped with halibut, tuna, salmon, avocado, and wasabi sauce.

Our third roll was the hopyard:


Hopyard was a baked unagi and avocado roll topped with salmon and some kind of cream sauce that was a bit too rich for me.  My favorite was probably the blondie bombshell.

At the end of the meal, there were a few pieces of sushi left, so we played a Chinese game of chance to determine who would have to eat which piece.  Or that's how it was supposed to work.  My poor sister lost the first round and dutifully ate the last piece of hopyard.  But when we were gearing up to play for the last blondie bombshell, NB wimped out.  In the end, T just took a piece and I took the one leftover.

The big drama of the day was when we had a mishap with the bill.  The manager got involved, I left my phone number...lots of drama.  It turned out to be my error, but Sen Dai was very courteous throughout the entire fiasco.  I got a call from Sen Dai later that same day and the manager was very cordial and apologetic even though it was all my own fault.

I wish things hadn't been blown up as big as it had, but I was very impressed with Sen Dai's service.  The food is also good and reasonably priced.  I'll definitely be back...if I can get into the parking lot again.


Sen Dai Sushi
224 N Abel St
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 263-1472

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!