Los Angeles: Hole in the Wall Burger Joint

I was really looking forward to getting my Chicago roomie's favorite burger of all time at Father's Office.  Armed with our drinks from Half & Half, we braved LA traffic to UCLA to pick up T's and my mutual middle school friend, who through Facebook stalking found out that we were in LA.

We managed to get to Father's Office relatively easily, but hit a brick wall when we walked up to the front door and discovered that it's a 21+ kind of establishment...which meant my sister couldn't enter.  FOILED!

I was reeling from the shock, but luckily our friend stepped up and recommended another burger place:


Hole in the Wall Burger Joint is exactly what its name suggests...a hole in the wall.

There's a table inside the front door, with ordering slips just like this one, on which you check everything you want on your burger:


You get to choose the type of meat you want, the type of bun, the spread, the cheese, and other fun stuff.  If you don't add anything extra, the standard burger is $7.95.

My sister and I decided to split a burger and a side of fries:


Here's the burger we designed together:


Beef patty, pretzel bun, chipotle mayo, pepper jack cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato, and pickles.  Booyah.

Check out the cross section:


So juicy.  Even my sister was impressed.  The pretzel bun was particularly delicious.

While I can't say how it compares to Father's Office, Hole in the Wall can certainly hold its own.  Hooray for burgers and middle school reunions!


Hole in the Wall Burger Joint
11058 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 312-7013
http://www.holeinthewallburgerjoint.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!