San Francisco: Sneaky's BBQ

I'd read a lot about Sneaky's BBQ, so I dragged AF into checking it out with me.  Sneaky's is located inside a gay bar called Rebel.  There was no way I was going to let her miss out on the fun:























Motorcycle themed, Rebel was a little intimidating at first:

















Especially because we were the only two Asian girls in there aside from the server.  We stood around awkwardly for a long while and when no one approached us, we finally walked up to the bar and grabbed a menu for ourselves.  We eventually got the attention of the server, who led us to a cozy table.

We were still full from Woodhouse Fish Co., but we still didn't want to pass up the opportunity to try as much as we could.  So we ordered the 2-meat plate, which came with 2 sides:

















For our meats, we chose brisket, which I'd heard a lot about, and kurobuta pork belly.  For our sides, we went with mac and cheese and mixed greens.

The pork belly was very smoky and fatty and good:

















The brisket, however, was a major letdown.  It was so dry that I couldn't even bring myself to finish it.  I'm not kidding.  Me, the ultimate meat lover, left whole strips of brisket on the plate and didn't pack it to-go.  Insane, I know.  I've never come across meat that I couldn't eat, so this was a first for me.

Maybe it was an off day for Sneaky's.  (Service was also rather slow and inattentive.)  Maybe we just got the charred tail end of a piece of brisket.  I don't know.  All I know is that I left feeling a little traumatized and very, very sad.


Sneaky's BBQ
Rebel
1760 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 431-4200
http://www.sneakysbbq.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!