Los Angeles: Scoops

No good meal is complete without dessert, so after lunch at Jitlada, we hopped back into the car and set our next destination as Scoops:


Upon entering, my eyes were immediately drawn to the mobile made of colorful tasting spoons:


How cute is that?

There were 18 flavors to choose from and I narrowed it down to seven before I started asking for samples:


So many awesome flavors!

My sister and I finally settled on brown bread and Thai tea:



We thought that by ordering two scoops of ice cream we would be paying for two scoops.  Makes sense, right?  But it turns out that one scoop at Scoops actually means TWO.  So much joy for $2.90!

The ice cream at Scoops was honestly fantastic.  The brown bread was subtly sweet with crunchy bits, while the Thai tea tasted...just like Thai tea.  The consistency of the ice cream was super soft and the only downside to that was that it melted fairly quickly.  The only solution was to eat quickly too.

For those that aren't satisfied with only two scoops, there's a refill option for $2.50.  My sister and I were seriously tempted, but ultimately were able to resist.  It was probably the smart choice at the time, but I sort of regret it now.  Who knows when I'll have a chance to go to Scoops again and there are still so many flavors I want to try!


Scoops
712 N Heliotrope Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90029
(323) 906-2649

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!