Los Angeles: MILK

Fact: we were all in food comas after O Dae San.

Fact: we could barely move with all that meat in our stomachs.

Fact: we still had a long drive back to Irvine from LA.

Despite all that, T still wanted to stop by MILK for dessert:


I thought she was joking at first.  She wasn't.

There was a decent sized line by the time we got to MILK:


We gamely took our place and it didn't take long before we started chatting with the gentleman behind us.  He was a MAJOR fan of MILK.  We asked him what was good and he immediately answered the tres leches cake.  I was a bit skeptical as I had the best tres leches cake EVER in Chicago (with T, as a matter of fact).  We slipped past the line to sneak a peek at it and while it looked good, we weren't tempted by it.

We were, however, tempted by the ice cream selection:


At the cashier, we had to step out of line because the four of us each wanted to try a flavor...or two.

While we were trying to make up our minds, we got sidetracked by the display of frozen goodies next to the ice cream:


When we finally decided on what we wanted, we had to awkwardly insert ourselves back in line.  It felt kinda sketchy, but we totally got there first!

My sister wanted the salted caramel ice cream sandwich:


It was the first time we'd ever seen ice cream sandwiches made with macarons.  None of us particularly liked macarons, but we all agreed that MILK's frozen macarons were delish.  Perfect texture, didn't get soggy from the ice cream, and not too sweet.

T got the red velvet ice cream sandwich:


The white chocolate coating was a bit too much for me.

The Chang sister ordered a scoop of ice cream in a cone, but I didn't take a pic of it.  I also didn't attempt to try it.  My food coma was so bad that I could only take a bite or two from the two ice cream sandwiches.  I really don't know how the girls did it.  I wanted to DIE.

Even in my food coma state, I could still appreciate how awesome MILK is.  The only complaint I have is that it isn't really a ice cream tasting friendly place.  Especially when the lines are long.  But if you know what you want going in, it's perfect.

We eventually made it back to Irvine, but we almost had to be rolled through the front door.

Day 3 in SoCal: SUCCESS.


MILK
7290 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 939-6455
http://www.themilkshop.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!