San Francisco: Mission Pie

Finishing the Indian pizza nearly did us in, but it never occurred to us NOT to have dessert.  There's a separate stomach for dessert, at least that's what I tell myself...and others.

To justify the dessert, we walked from Zante to Mission Pie:

















The other option was Anthony's Cookies, but CL wasn't too keen on walking another block.

Mission Pie was quite busy for 9:30pm.  Guess lots of people want pie late at night:

















Mission Pie offers both sweet and savory, so we couldn't leave with trying as least one of each.  For our savory pie, we got a slice of potato gratin tart:

















Potatoes with corn and shiitake mushrooms...so good.  I think this was my favorite.

A close second was the banana cream pie:

















I'm not a huge fan of banana flavored stuff, but this pie was subtle and creamy and oh-so-good.

We originally wanted the strawberry rhubarb mini pie, but they ran out, so we went with the plum frangipane instead:

















My least favorite of the bunch.  The flavor was tangy and great, but the texture was a bit like applesauce and I didn't know how to deal with that on my pie.

Best part of each pie was definitely the crust.  Mission Pie really knows its stuff.


Mission Pie
2901 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 282-1500
http://missionpie.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!