South Bay: Peanuts Deluxe Cafe

The last time my sister took my family to Peanuts in downtown San Jose, I wasn't able to make it because I was in school in Chicago.  After listening to them repeatedly talk about how good it was, I made sure that I would get a chance to try it out for myself this summer.

Once both my sister and my dad returned from Taiwan, I had us do a family breakfast at Peanuts:


Parking downtown isn't fun, but we saw a parking validation sign in the window of Peanuts and sent my sister in to investigate.  The owner of Peanuts was super nice...he came outside to direct us toward the nearest parking structure when he couldn't really explain it in words to my sister.

I absolutely loved the down the earth diner feel of the place:


Peanuts is located right across the street from San Jose State University, so it was no surprise that there was a steady stream of students coming in for a quick, cheap meal.

My sister and I split an avocado, tomato, bacon and cheese omelette:


Huge portions and get this....BUTTERED toast.  Yea, that's right.

My parents split a western omelette:


They couldn't finish it.  Pansies.

As if the omelette wasn't enough, my sister and I also split an order of pike's peak:


An order of hotcakes by themselves costs $4.15, but pike's peak, which comes with two hotcakes, an egg, and bacon, costs $4.75.  Total no brainer.  Fluffy hotcakes and SO MUCH BUTTER.

If you didn't already know, butter = love.  And Peanuts is full of love.

Go partake.


Peanuts Deluxe Cafe
275 E Fernando St
San Jose, CA 95112
(408) 998-9778
http://www.peanutsdeluxe.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!