San Francisco: Dottie's True Blue Cafe

On the last day of my internship, I shamelessly asked for half the day off.  Okay, I actually asked very timidly, but the people at my office were incredibly asked and said absolutely.  With the entire afternoon to hang out with my sister, we decided to first stop by Dottie's True Blue Cafe for lunch:


The line wasn't too bad.  It took us little less than an hour to get seated.  I've heard that the wait on weekends can run up to over two hours.  Thank goodness for weekdays.

The servers take your order once space opens up on the grill:


My sister and I split an order of french toast:


Unfortunately, it just wasn't very tasty.  Maybe it was the type of bread used.  A sprinkle of salt did wonders though.

We also split a grilled zucchini, corn, roasted tomato, scallion, basil, and parmesan scramble:


The scramble was fantastic...despite being vegetarian.  The potatoes were also AMAZING.  Perfectly crunchy crust.

Dottie's is a great place for a relatively cheap brunch.  But would I wait over 2 hours?  Nah.  If I was in the mood to wait, I would probably head over to Mama's instead.


Dottie's True Blue Cafe
522 Jones St
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 885-2767

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!