South Bay: King Egg Roll

I have been going to King Egg Roll for as long as I can remember:























It's really close to my house and I make at least one trip every time I am back in the Bay.

King Egg Roll offers a variety of stuff from typical Chinese take-out fare to dim sum and Vietnamese sandwiches:

















However, this is my favorite section:























Because so many people go to King Egg Roll, none of the food sits very long.  Everything is always freshly fried.

What I love most about King Egg Roll is its egg rolls.  (No surprise there.)  King Egg Roll has effectively ruined all other egg rolls for me.  I cannot eat other egg rolls without lamenting how they cannot compare to King Egg Roll.  There's just something about the filling that's different from other places.

Anyway, King Egg Roll is our go-to place for party platters.  I was home last weekend for a friend's wedding and got dragged by my mom to her cell group's barbecue on Saturday.  We were trying to decide what to make for the barbecue, but ultimately gave up and just went to King Egg Roll for a party tray:

















Just look at that filling:

















Soooooooo gooooooooood.

Unfortunately, prices keep rising at King Egg Roll.  I can remember when egg rolls were 45 cents apiece.  Now they're 75 cents.  I don't know how high they can go before people start deciding that they're not worth the price.  I think my cut-off point might be 80 cents.  $1 per egg roll is just insane...even if they're that delicious.

Still.  BEST EGG ROLLS EVER.


King Egg Roll
980 Lundy Ave
San Jose, CA 95133
(408) 729-8307
http://www.kingeggroll.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!