San Francisco: Ike's Place

It's a crime how little I've seen of my best friend since my summer in SF began.  We tried to remedy that two weeks ago by meeting up for dinner.  Well...dinner after some thrift store perusing.

When we finally got around to dinner, we made our way to Ike's Place:

















Ike's Place has gone through its share of drama, but it's been resurrected in a new location and from what I can see, business hasn't suffered a bit.

The interior is sparse, but efficient:

















There's two lines, one for ordering and one for online/phone orders.  There are no tables to eat at, though there are some chairs lining the wall.  If you feel confident enough to eat while balancing your sandwich on your lap, snag a chair as soon as one opens up.  

The posted menu doesn't actually have every sandwich offered listed on it, only the most popular ones.  You should definitely check out Ike's menu online first.  It's really easy to use and has a nifty filter system to help narrow down the options.

After paying for your sandwich, you'll be directed to the chips stack to pick a bag:























Ike's has a huge vegetarian and vegan menu.  My best friend went with the Pilgrim:























It included vegan breaded chicken (whatever that means), cranberry sauce, sriracha, and havarti.

I ordered the [Name of the Girl I'm Dating]:

















Which consists of halal chicken, honey mustard, avocado, and pepper jack.  Sooooo delicious.  The perfect balance of sweet and savory.

Additional bonus:

















I can't remember the last time I had one of those caramel apple suckers.  It definitely brought me back to my elementary school days.

There are so many sandwiches to choose from and so many of them sound amazing (I sort of skipped over the vegan section).  If I actually lived in the city, I could see myself making multiple trips back to Ike's to try as many as I can.


Ike's Place
3489 16th St
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415) 553-6888
http://www.ilikeikesplace.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!