San Francisco: Humphry Slocombe

After Beretta, we immediately made our way to Humphry Slocombe:

















I don't know how realistic this is, but I'm hoping to hit as many ice cream places in SF as I can this summer.  The line at Humphry Slocombe was expected, but not as bad as it looked.

There were some interesting flavors and I got to try a few before I finally decided on the cinnamon brittle:























Subtly sweet and very creamy.

AF got the carrot mango:























It tasted a lot like...carrot.  Yea, not a fan.

As I said, there were quite a few interesting flavors, such as Blue Bottle Vietnamese coffee, plum wine, rhubarb, and secret breakfast (bourbon and cornflakes), but not that many of them were actually enticing to me.  Unlike at other ice cream places, I was able to quickly narrow down my options and decide on a flavor.

Quality ice cream, for sure.  Inventive flavor combinations, totally.  Humphry Slocombe rotates ice cream flavors pretty often, from what I've heard.  Maybe another batch would be more exciting to me...


Humphry Slocombe
2790 Harrison St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 550-6971
http://www.humphryslocombe.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!