San Francisco: Shabu House

Despite my reservations, I followed AF into a restaurant called Shabu House:























Everyone knows why I dislike hot pot.  That story has been told way too many times.

Regardless, I bit my tongue as we sat down at our table:

















And again when AF requested the ginger chicken broth:

















The other choices were spicy miso and traditional water (who the hell would want water?).

I was overjoyed when I saw that the menu had non-shabu shabu options.  So I was really surprised when our server placed the shabu shabu dipping sauces in front of me:

















As well as a plate of assorted vegetables and udon:

















AF got her sliced beef raw:

















While my yaki niku was marinated and sauteed and served over rice:

















Very salty, yes.  But oh so good with rice.  I cleaned the entire bowl.  I probably shouldn't have.

As if that wasn't enough food, our meals also came with ice cream:

















I chose green tea over red bean.  Duh.

Against my will, I was really impressed by Shabu House.  It has a decent selection of non-shabu shabu dishes and even those still come with the soup base, veggies, udon, and ice cream.  There's also an all-you-can-eat and an all-you-can-eat-and-drink option for $29.95 and $39.95 respectively.  AF's regular-sized shabu shabu came out at $15.99, while my yaku niku rang up at $12.99.

What a steal!  And it was totally tastier than what we got in Japantown last time.  Shame on you, Japantown!


Shabu House
5158 Geary Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 933-8600
http://www.myshabuhouse.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!