San Francisco: Tartine Bakery (Revisited)

One of my SSA girls from Chicago was in the Bay for a week to attend a wedding, but I didn't get to see her until the day before he was scheduled to return to Chicago.  Luckily, I had Friday off for July 4th (4-day weekend, baby!), so I was able to spend the entire day with her.

We started off the day by strolling down to Philz Coffee on 18th St in the Mission.  My friend's absolute favorite coffee is from Philz, so I tagged along even though I don't drink coffee myself.

Our second stop was Tartine, a favorite SF spot of both of ours.  The line wasn't too bad that day and though we had a little trouble deciding what we wanted, we knew from the get-go that we were going to order something sweet and something savory.

We ended up getting the almond croissant:

















The almond flavor was subtle, as was the sweetness.  The croissant was perfectly flaky, as usual.

And the gougere:

















The savory, airy gougere was my favorite:

















Think cheese puff, but elegant.

I've never gone wrong at Tartine.  Everything not only looks good, but tastes damn good too.  This was my first time getting something savory though.  The savory selection always looks so good, but I always end up tempted away by the sweets.  Now that I know how delicious the gougere is, I'll be hard pressed not to order it again the next time I go.

But I'll resist.  Because there's so many other scrumptious things I want to try.  Tartine, stop making my life so difficult!  Actually, don't stop.  Don't ever stop.


Tartine Bakery
600 Guerrero St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 487-2600

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!