San Francisco: Monk's Kettle

Monk's Kettle was on my list of must-eats in San Francisco and it wasn't difficult at all to convince AF that it merited a visit.  And that's how we ended up at Monk's Kettle at the end of our food-filled Saturday:























The interior space is quite small, but cozy:

















Monk's Kettle has an almost alarmingly long list of beers - more than a few pages full.  I don't know how people could ever decide on what they want.  Luckily, the food menu was much more manageable.

We started off with an old school pretzel knot with cheddar fondue and house mustard:























The pretzel had a doughy texture and went oh-so-well with the cheddar fondue.

We were curious about the braised beef cheeks with polenta and horseradish:

















Can't say I detected any horseradish, but the beef cheeks were divine.  I could see where other people may find it a bit on the greasy side, but I was sopping that stuff up with the pretzel.

After confirming that it was indeed a sandwich, we got the chicken paillard with bacon jam, frisee, acme foccacia, and a side of fries:

















Bacon jam should be on EVERYTHING.  I would've enjoyed the sandwich even without the chicken.

We decided to splurge and get dessert.  The one that stood out to us was the strawberry shortcake:























Not sure how I feel about the shortcake.  It was more like a cracker than a cake.  On the other hand, the whipped cream was spot-on.

A very enjoyable meal, one that I would love to repeat if I ever get the chance.


Monk's Kettle
3141 16th St
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 865-9523
http://www.monkskettle.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!