San Francisco: Beretta

My Chicago med school friend finished her 2-week rotation last Sunday, so the day before she left the Bay, we met up in the Mission with AF for a final day of fun.  And by fun, I meant food.

She suggested Beretta for brunch:

















Quiet and classy:

















To start, we ordered the dungeness crab arancini with calabrese aioli:























I had no idea what arancini were, but when our server explained that they're fried rice balls, my mouth dropped open and my expression turned pleading.  My friend was quite accommodating:

















Sooooooo creamy...soooooooo good.

We asked our server what the most popular pizzas at Beretta were.  One was the margherita burrata:

















I'd never ordered margherita pizzas in restaurants before.  I always felt that it was too...simple.  After trying this pizza, I'm now a believer.  I'd never had tomato sauce so incredibly nuanced in flavor.

There's something light and refreshing about eating a margherita pizza, especially when paired with the heavy richness of a pizza carbonara with pancetta, eggs, and mozzarella:

















The pizza carbonara is only available at brunch.  Apparently it's Beretta's most popular pizza.  Unfortunately, by the time we got around to popping the two egg yolks (yes, it hurt, but I knew it had to be done), they were no longer runny.  Ah well.  Other than that little blip, the pizza was fantastic.

My favorite was still the margherita though.

There's a lot on the menu that looked delicious.  Guess I'll just have to make another trip!


Beretta
1199 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 695-1199
http://www.berettasf.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!