San Francisco: Roam Artisan Burgers

After a weekend of eating, AF and I were supposed to take a few days off to detox.  Instead, we found ourselves at Roam on Monday after work:

















AF found out about Roam through some TV show and when I heard the word "burgers," I didn't even hesitate to take her up on the invite.

Pretty chill place:

















You place your order at the counter and then take a number back to your table.

Many of the burgers were tempting, but we finally narrowed it down to the tejano, which included pepper jack, jalapeno relish, avocado, tomato, white corn strips, and herb ranch:

















We upgraded it to a bison burger by adding $2.99.

The French and fries burger was a clear shoo-in:

















It came stuffed with truffle parmesan fries, gruyere, avocado, caramelized onions, watercress, and dijon mustard.

We also got the fry-fecta to split:

















It's basically a sampler of russet fries, sweet potato fries, and zucchini onion haystack.  Both AF and I don't really like sweet potato fries, but we ordered the fry-fecta anyway because it was a better deal than ordering the fries and zucchini onion haystack separately.  I really, really liked the zucchini onion haystack.  And the sweet potato fries weren't all that bad.

The burgers were quite simply fantastic.  Really juicy patty, really soft bun, and really interesting flavor combinations.  The tejano wasn't spicy at all and while that was a relief to me, I can see where that might disappoint others.  I was, however, a little disappointed that they didn't ask us how we wanted our burgers done.  I always welcome the option to make my burgers medium rare.

Definitely check it out if you're in the area.  It's a bit pricey for a a burger, but I'm started to get desensitized to food prices here in San Francisco.  Sigh...


Roam Artisan Burgers
1785 Union St
San Francisco, CA 94123
(415) 440-7626
http://roamburgers.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!