Taiwan: Yuan Yi Xiao Guan

While waiting for my boss to make an appearance, my friend and I looked for a place to eat around the Daan MRT Station. We found this place:



We had to ask how to order because we couldn't find any prices on half the menu. Turns out it was written out in old Chinese.. We ordered two dishes from the 200 NT section. First was this bean curd and meat dish:



I don't usually like bean curd, but this was quite good.

Our meal came with a soup:



Pretty plain, nothing really special in it. But what the heck, it was free.

To mix things up a bit, we ordered a fish:



There really is nothing compared to whole fish. Okay, except sashimi. The meat was super tender and the sauce surprisingly light.

We had a choice between rice and mantou (plain bun). Both are unlimited, so you can eat as much as you like. I think this would be a great place to go with a decent size group of people so that you can try multiple dishes. Service was quick and friendly. Food was good. I'm glad we stopped by.


元一小館
台北市大安區復興南路二段13號之1
02-2706-7604

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!