Taiwan: Wan Jia Xiang Breakfast

Taiwan is littered with breakfast places similar to this one:



Because this particular breakfast spot is directly across the street from my grandparents' home, we go almost every other morning. My grandma always gets the tuna sandwich:



I order different things depending on my mood. This morning I felt like getting a plain dan bing (egg crepe):



Dan bing is essentially a thin crepe cooked on an egg that is then rolled up and drizzled with a kind of thick soy sauce:



You can order many different kinds of dan bing with different things wrapped inside, such as tuna, cheese, ham, or corn.

We go to this place so often that we know the owner. She's a feisty woman with a booming voice and some wicked griddle skills. I can always count on her for some entertainment in the morning.

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!