Taiwan: Xin Fa Ting Shaved Ice

For shaved ice, you can't beat Xin Fa Ting in the Shilin night market. This place has a 40 year history of doing it right. My mom used to come here as a kid and she would always take my sister and I here when we were children. There are a few shaved ice places in the same alley, but you'll know which one is the right one by the long line:



The inside is pretty small and always packed. More than likely, you'll be asked to share a table with another party:



The best thing about Xin Fa Ting is its flavored ices. That's not a boring chunk of ice that he's shaving there:



I always get the mango xue pian (literally mango snow sheets):



Instead of regular ice, they use frozen milk. Combined with the condensed milk, the end result is a creamy dessert that tastes more like ice cream with fresh mango chunks. Once you've tried xue pian (雪片), you'll never go back. Trust me.


士林辛發亭冰店
台北市士林區安平街1號

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!