Taiwan: Fruit 8

We passed by this place on our way to Wufengpu on Sunday. My friend told me about how it was featured on a TV show for its stuffed fried chicken cutlets. I vowed to be back...but when I said that I didn't expect to be back the next day.

After returning home on Sunday, I discovered that one of my purchases was too big for me. I contacted my friend to see if she knew whether that store had an exchange policy only to find out that she intended to return to Wufengpu herself on Monday. So despite our earlier talk about taking a short food break (to recover from our perpetual food coma), we ended up at Xian Guo 8 ("fruit 8") Monday night:



For 99 NT ($3), you can get an entire set meal. First there is an appetizer of fried yams:



I'm not a big yam lover, but the dried plum seasoning on these fried yams really brought out an unexpectedly interesting taste.

You get to choose between green and black tea (guess which one I went for):



There's also a side of fried yin si juan (a type of Chinese roll):



And the star of the meal, the stuffed fried chicken cutlet:



Mine was stuffed with cheese, tomato, and a slice of ham. Craziness! There's also a bamboo option and a kimchi one.

There's no way you can get this much food in the States for only $3. I was surprised that there was such a good deal even in Taiwan. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.


鮮果8
台北市信義區松山路483號
02-2726-6791
http://shoppe4u.net/fruit8

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!