Taiwan: Xiang Ji Roast Duck

We were randomly walking around, looking for a place to eat lunch, when my sister suddenly points into the distance and asks if I see the Chinese character for duck. I did indeed, so we tacitly agreed to walk toward it. Here's what we saw:



I think I heard the hallelujah chorus. We didn't really know how to order, but we got in line anyway.

This guy had some mad knife skills:



As there were no seating at the duck stand, after buying half a duck for 190 NT (slightly under $6), we relocated to the nearest 7-11. We each bought a drink and proceeded to unpack our lunch. I was charmed to see that our duck came with wraps, sauce, and even some green onion:



Look at our duck...mmmm:



Duck skin and fat. My favorite:



What we didn't expect was the rest of the duck to be cut up and stir fried with green onion and basil:



My sister was in heaven. I was in heaven. It was a good find.

Then we went back to the house where ADVENT was staying to discover that someone had bought duck from the same place for the team. Dangit. Our duck could've been free.


香記烤鴨
彰化縣彰化市和平路152號
04-722-3081

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!