Taiwan: Overseas Dragon

After work last night I met up with my grandparents at Si Hai You Long (literally "dragon that travels the 4 seas"):



It's a potsticker chain restaurant with branches in Taiwan, China, and Hong Kong.

My grandparents both were adamant about each getting a bowl of hot and sour soup. I was a little hesitant at first because it was hot enough already without pouring hot soup into my stomach. Then I figured what the heck:



There was a nice mixture of crunchy veggies, soft tofu, and slippery pork blood, all in a goopy vinegary soup base.

This is my favorite kind of pickled vegetables called pao cai:



The cabbage is still very crunchy, just the way I like it. It could have been a bit more sour though, but that could've just been me.

We also ordered tofu with preserved egg, also known as thousand year old egg:



My favorite part of it is the egg yolk. Yummm:



The egg yolk is creamy while the egg white (now black) is almost jelly-like. It goes really well with the cool, silky texture of the firm tofu.

Of course we couldn't not get potstickers. We picked two kinds:



There was the house special:



And the chives potstickers:



I'm usually a big chives lover, but for some reason I preferred the house special one. The chives potsticker didn't really taste like chives to me...more like regular green onion.

Anyway, having potstickers and dumpling are always fun in Taiwan because you can order exactly how many you want. The potstickers we ordered were 4 NT each (about 13 cents). We didn't go crazy this time, but only ordered 20 total.


四海遊龍鍋貼
台北縣淡水鎮重建街82號
02-2623-8188
http://www.0800224466.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!