Taiwan: Xin Cui Yuan

Sometimes I think that my grandparents forget that I'm already 22, almost 23. I have a date with my aunt next weekend and my grandmother insisted that my uncle take me on a "test run" so that I would know how to get to the restaurant. All I really needed was the address and Google maps, but oh well. I got a nice lunch out of it. We ended up eating next door to the restaurant I will be going to next weekend:



The restaurants along this street are lined along the Danshui River, which is how you get fabulous views such as this:



Xin Cui Yuan specializes in Taiwanese 小吃 ("little eats"). We started off with some BBQ pork and a chicken roll:



I enjoyed the chicken roll so much that they ordered another.

Here's their lu rou fan (how many times have I eaten this in Taiwan?):



This fried fish was spectacular:



The crust was really crunchy, but the flesh of the fish was juicy and very meaty. Paired with the lime juice and the white pepper? Fantabulous.

Some veggies:



Kong xin cai, one of my favorite greens:



I should be used to my grandparents and how they worry about me. I should also be used to how much they try to feed me. I'll be surprised if I don't gain 10 pounds this trip.


新翠園
台北縣淡水鎮中正路一段5號
02-2805-5470

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!