Taiwan: Shi Jia

Before hitting up Wufengpu for some shopping on Sunday, I needed something fortifying in my belly to get me though the torture. Shopping in Taiwan is fun...for skinny, skinny girls. For girls like me, it's depressing. Many stores only carry one size and there are no dressing rooms for you to try on your purchases first. In terms of shopping in Taiwan, Wufengpu is the motherload, the Everest, the...whatever you want to call it. It wouldn't take just anything to keep me alive through the experience. It would take MEAT.

After sniffing around the vendors on the street, my friend and I decided to grace Shi Jia (literally "Family of Shi") with our business:



Shi Jia has been featured on TV shows and newspapers, as is evidenced by the screenshots and blown-up articles posted on their walls.

Their lu rou fan (remember the marinated pork over rice I had in Danshui?) isn't quite that famous, but it was tasty all the same:



What they're really known for are their sesame oil pork liver and sesame oil pork kidney. Since I don't like liver, we went with the kidney:



Pork kidney has a very interesting texture that is hard to explain, but fun to eat. I wasn't a big fan of the soup, which tasted like a really watered down mix of sesame oil and ginger. But the kidney...very good.


施家
台北市信義區松山路538之2號
02-2728-5112

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!