Taiwan: Tanuki

My boss had been looking for a place to grab a beer the whole week and it turns out that there was such a place right under his nose. Just a few blocks from his hotel is Tanuki:



Tanuki is a Japanese restaurant and bar. There's actually an all-you-can drink beer promotion for 188 NT per person (about $6). Even though it's a self-proclaimed bar, I didn't actually see anyone ordering any alcohol:



We didn't want to overstuff ourselves so we ordered a few things to share. First was the agedashi:



Pretty good...but 50 NT (close to $2) for 4 pieces.

We splurged a little by ordering the sashimi bowl:



So beautiful and so fresh. We were surprisingly really gracious about dividing up the sashimi. If my sister had been there and this was between her and myself, there would've been war.

Just for fun, we ordered fried shrimp on a bed of fruit, which included guava, tomatoes, and I forget what else:



The one thing I would complain about is the sprinkles. I don't understand the Taiwanese obsession with sprinkles. Sprinkles do not belong on food. EVER.

Not the cheapest place to eat, but depending on what you order you can stay under $10. Now if you want sashimi, that's a different story. And of course, sharing with friends always helps.


狸貓酒食屋
台北市中正區新生南路一段50-1號
02-2393-8898
http://www.tanuki.com.tw/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!