Taiwan: Aubergine

For dinner on Thursday, we headed over to K Mall by Taipei Main Station. After walking once around the floor, we decided on Aubergine:



Aubergine is a Japanese curry restaurant. I love how the walls are lined with the different types of spices that are used in curries.

Each curry comes in a fixed set. To start off, there's a salad (you can choose between Thousand Island and a Japanese style dressing):



Next comes the soup:



Then comes a tiny shot of some kind of vinegar designed to "open up" your appetite:



Very vinegary. Not bad, but I probably wouldn't chug that stuff.

Finally the main entree:



I originally wanted the lamb curry, but apparently they're temporarily no longer making it. I settled on the beef curry. You can choose between 5 levels of spiciness. I of course went with the least spicy. The curry was sweet, but not very memorable. The beef was a tad overcooked and tough. You also have the option of adding cheese to the curry, an option that I probably should have taken advantage of. The rice is unlimited, so you can ask for more as many times as you wish.

After the entree, you get to choose a drink. I went with lychee juice:



I really liked the juice. It was probably my favorite out of the entire meal.

To finish things off, there's a panna cotta with raspberry:



The entire meal cost me around 260 NT or less than $9. While not the best curry I've ever had, it was tasty and definitely filling. Probably won't be back though. Sorry, Aubergine!


茄子咖哩
100台灣台北市中正區忠孝西路一段50號5樓
02-2388-6068

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!