Taiwan: Xie Jiao Ting

Over the weekend I visited my sister in Changhua where she is teaching English with the church. This is her third year on the ADVENT mission team. I went with her last year, but unfortunately couldn't make it this time around. It was very nice to take a break from Taipei, reunite with some old friends, and make some new ones too.

I arrived in Changhua Friday night by train. Because I bought my ticket last minute, there were no seats left. I had to buy a "standing ticket" and pray that I'd get lucky enough to snag an unoccupied seat. God was watching over me that night. I stood for 1.5 hours, but was able to claim an empty seat for the remaining 1 hour of the trip. 3 guys standing in front of me tried to sit down 3 times only to forced to stand up 3 times by people who'd purchased designated seat tickets. Not gonna lie...I snickered each time.

Anyway, Saturday was a free day for the ADVENT members, so my sister and I decided to explore around the neighborhood. Our first stop was this pearl tea place right next to the train station:



My first pearl tea in Taiwan:



I'm rather surprised that it took me this long to get a pearl tea in Taiwan. Usually it's the first drink I order once I get off the plane. I guess old age and the heat contributed to my craving for lemonade. This particular pearl milk tea was a bit too milky and too sweet for me. Still, I got a large for 35 NT (slightly more than $1). Taiwan rocks!


歇腳亭
500台灣彰化縣彰化市光復路203巷2之1號
http://www.frientea.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!