Taiwan: Xanadu

While I have been patrolling food blogs, my friend has been keeping tabs on what's good to eat in Taipei through Taiwanese magazines and TV shows. Xanadu was said in one of her magazines to have good seafood options for 100 NT (slightly more than $3):



We started off with some oysters (100 NT):



They were deep fried, laid on a bed of bean sprouts, and smothered with a garlic-y sauce. I'm usually a bit wary when it comes to oysters because once in a while you might get a sandy one. I got a few in this dish, which was unfortunate, but the bean sprouts were good.

The next clam dish was fantastic though (100 NT):



These clams were small and tender and not sandy at all. Best of all was the abundance of basil. Asian basil beats all.

To balance out the seafood, we ordered two beef kebabs (50 NT each, a bit under $2):



They were certainly delicious, but worth 50 NT each? Probably not.

Lastly, our server recommended some fresh fish. He rattled off some name, but I didn't quite catch it. All I heard was that it would be fried and 60 NT each (around $2):



Really, really good. Yea. I love fried fish. Especially whole fish.

After my friend mentioned this place, I looked it up online and found some posts on food blogs that showed female servers wearing cat ears and tails. Though my friend and I found that a little disturbing, we arrived at the restaurant expecting to see these cat girls and when there weren't any...well, we were a wee bit disappointed. Okay, maybe I was the only one disappointed.

So no cat girls, but the food was cheap and good. The entire meal cost us 430 NT, which is a bit over $13. Where in the US can you find that?


鮮納肚快炒
台北市大安區忠孝東路四段101巷10號
02-2711-8411
http://xanadu2711.pixnet.net/blog

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!