Taiwan: Tai Spring

I accidentally got invited to have lunch with the main office staff today. Turns out it was in celebration of someone's birthday. Lucky me! I followed them to Tai Spring, just a few blocks from where we work:



All the donburi came with a salad:



I ordered the ten don:



That's tempura on top of rice. The tempura itself wasn't all that special. But what surprised me was the piece of tempura salmon hidden on the bottom of the stack.

All the donburi also came with miso soup:



There was also a dessert soup, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I finished it off. It was a lemon and ai-yu jelly concoction with these seeds that become slightly gelatinous in liquid. Really refreshing on a hot day.

Overall, not an incredibly memorable meal, but it was free. Not that it would've cost all that much even if I had paid. The donburi, salad, miso, and dessert altogether cost 160 NT, which is slightly over $5.


太春小館
103台灣台北市大同區寧夏路81號
02-2553-1841

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!