Taiwan: Maybe

In the course of looking up bars, my friend also found Maybe, which was described as a rock bar:



Each person is required a minimum charge of 300 NT (about $10). I spent about 3 bucks on my pineapple juice:



Laugh all you want...the waitress certainly had a chuckle over my choice of drink. I can't stress enough how much I dislike the taste of alcohol.

My friends and my boss, however, are a completely different story. Maybe has a wide selection of drinks, most of which (if I remember correctly) are named after rock songs. Beware though, the drinks don't come cheap.

My friend ordered the Maybe house drink:



My other friend got a whiskey sour, while my boss ordered the infamous Baby Sleeps For Three Days:



Baby Sleeps For Three Days is Maybe's most popular drink and also its strongest. Apparently its taste is deceptively light but it packs a mean punch. My boss was dubbed the "greatest Asian-American drinker" by a bartender in the White House, but even he said that he could feel the effects of the drink not even halfway through.

Maybe has a really laid back atmosphere. No pumping music here, only a fabulous Classic Rock selection. We sat in front of a giant screen that displayed the lyrics of the songs being played. Unfortunately, I peaced out before the fun really began. From what I've heard, my friends and my boss had a blast with the microphone.

Even though I'm not a drinker, I wouldn't mind hanging out there with my friends and enjoying the music. If I'm ever asked about bars in Taiwan again, now I know to recommend Maybe.


Maybe
台北市復興南路一段253巷15號
02-2705-7399

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!