South Bay: Sendo Sushi

Ever since our dinner at Sushi Tomi, my dad has been wanting to take me to Sendo Sushi for what he thinks is better chirashi.  I love Japanese cuisine, so when he brought it up again, I wasn't about to turn him down:


The thing is, my dad didn't remember the name of the restaurant, only the cross streets.  Thanks to Google, that wasn't a big deal.  Ah, the power of Internet sleuthing.  We called my ahyi, googled the restaurant, and then off we went.

Sendo Sushi is located in a pretty business-y location, so it wasn't a surprise to see mostly businessmen there grabbing a quick dinner with their colleagues after work.

Our meal started out with miso soup:


My mom and I shared an oyakodon:


Literally "parent and child donburi," oyakodon is made with chicken and egg.  Get it?  Har har.  Our oyakodon set came with salad and...kimchi?  The kimchi wasn't so surprising once we learned that the owner is Korean.  Light bulb moment.

My ahyi wanted udon and she added tempura to it:


And finally, my dad got the chirashi he made such a fuss over:


I can understand why he likes it so much though.  Most chirashi consists predominantly of  rice with a bare minimum of sashimi.  This one, however, had a great sashimi to rice ratio (meaning more sashimi than rice) thanks to the shallow plate that it's served on.

Okay, dad, you were right.  This time.


Sendo Sushi
3730 N 1st St, Ste 115
San Jose, CA 95134
(408) 433-3322
http://www.sendo-sushi.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!