Korea: Insadong

Insadong is a great place to go if you're looking to buy souvenirs, especially those of the more "traditional" or "cultural" sort:


Be warned though, there won't be too much variety available.  Most places sell just about the same kind of stuff.

I was all about the hotteuk.  I wheedled my way into getting two hotteuk from two different stands.  Here's the first one:


This particular hotteuk was thicker and fluffier...more like a donut:


Here's the second stand:


As you can see, this hotteuk is flatter:


The filling in this one had cinnamon in it:


I honestly enjoy hotteuk in any shape and size.  The one thing that gets to me is when you bite into one and get a mouthful of sugar.  Blech.  The cinnamon sugar filling of the second hotteuk got to be a bit much for me.

Hotteuk is best when it's fresh, but watch out, it's hot, hot, HOT!

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!