Chicago: Chick-fil-A

I've heard a lot of fuss about Chick-fil-A, but never had the chance to check it out until one opened in downtown Chicago sometime this summer.  Still, I dawdled and didn't actually get around to going until earlier this month.  I was on my way downtown with Queen G and Carmen when Carmen suggested we stop at Chick-fil-A for lunch:


Apparently everybody and they mama had the same idea:


With the mass of people waiting around the front, it was difficult to hear our name being called, but we ultimately got our food back to the table we managed to snag:


Queen G and I shared a spicy chicken sandwich deluxe meal, which came with a drink and waffle fries.  Okay, so maybe we could have gone with a healthier side like salad or cole slaw, but really?  When waffle fries were an option?  I thought not.

We also got an order of chicken nuggets:


Those nuggets were some of the best, no, THE best nuggets I've ever had in my life.  While I enjoy my mysterious meat McNuggets as much as the next person, having a nugget made from actual chicken was really...refreshing.

Not to mention the great sauce selection:


My absolute favorite was probably the honey roasted BBQ sauce, not shown here.  The honey  mustard was a close second.

Here's what's in the spicy chicken sandwich deluxe:


Crispy chicken breast, dill pickle, tomato, lettuce, and pepper jack cheese all sandwiched in a soft bun.  The chicken was actually spicy, which shouldn't have come as a surprise, but did anyway.  Spicy!  Imagine that.

I get it.  I get what all the fuss is about.  Chick-fil-A is awesome.

After some research, I discovered that there are 46 Chick-fil-A's in California.  46!  And yet none of them are in the Bay Area.  What the hell is up with that, Chick-fil-A?  Totally dropping the ball, man.

Not cool.


Chick-fil-A
30 E Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 266-8888
http://www.cfarestaurant.com/loyolawatertower/home

Comments

  1. There is one scheduled for San Jose in 2013, and one for SF next year I think. But still, it sucks that it's taken so long and the pace is too slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chick-fil-A is coming to San Jo? THANK YOU LORD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to try this....and Qdoba.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!