Chicago: Go 4 Food

When my friend asked if I wanted to join a bunch of the law kids for dinner in Chinatown, I was happy to be included, though skeptical of the location.  I mean, really.  The restaurant is called Go 4 Food, for Pete's sake.  Nothing good ever comes out of a Chinese place with a name like that:


It was a Friday night, but we shouldn't have worried about the wait.  When the ten of us rolled in, we were immediately led into the dining room downstairs, or as we called it, The Party Room.  Too bad there wasn't karaoke playing on the big screen.

We started the meal off with some hot and sour soup:


Then came the French-style beef tenderloin:


Beef chow fun:


And cuttlefish in salt and pepper (my contribution):


One of the guys insisted on getting sweet and sour pork.  When he persisted despite the dirty looks the Asians at the table were giving him, we had to relent:


Eggplant in spicy garlic sauce:


Mapo tofu:


And finally, walnut shrimp:


At the end of the meal, we were each brought a bowl of pumpkin dessert soup:


My expectations weren't very high walking into the restaurant and I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Decent food, nothing too spectacular.  A bit Americanized and a little heavy on the oil (glistening veggies galore).  Good portion sizes.  Average prices.  All in all an okay place in Chicago's Chinatown.

I would skip the sweet and sour pork though.  Neon sauces scare me.


Go 4 Food
212 W 23rd St
Chicago, IL 60616
(312) 842-8688
http://www.go4foodusa.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!