Korea: Cafe Chang Hee

From what little I've seen of Seoul, the city is crawling with cafes.  Every single one of them elegant, Western boutique-y, and so darn cute.  Too bad I don't like coffee.

We stopped by Cafe Chang Hee on our way to Insadong:


Concrete chic inside:


CK got herself a tomato juice:


She honestly enjoys that stuff.  I, on the other hand, can't stand it.

CK's sister went with a basic Americano:


She really liked it and as she's something of a coffee fiend, I defer to her expert opinion.

As for myself, as a coffee hater (except in the form of ice cream, candy, and Frappuccinos) and a card-carrying cheapskate, I got a raspberry brulee cheesecake:


The desserts were the cheapest non-coffee items on the menu.  I really wasn't in the mood to blow eight bucks on a juice.  That's just ridiculous.  I don't care how fresh the ingredients are.

I'm usually skeptical about Asian cheesecakes, but this one was legit.  It actually tasted like a cheesecake, instead of a spongecake, which is what a lot of Asian cheesecakes end up resembling.  Very nice.

Cafes in Korea are indeed classy, but I don't really believe that justifies their exorbitant prices.  I still can't get over how the prices are not only comparable to that in the States, but HIGHER.  Even if I was a coffee drinker, I would skip the cafes in Korea and grab a bottle from 7-11.


Cafe Chang Hee
78 Samcheongro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea
02-735-0986
http://cafechanghee.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!