Chicago: Five Guys

It's no secret that's there not much going on food-wise in Hyde Park.  AF and I were still full from a day of eating by the time we got back to my apartment, so we decided to wait and grab a late dinner.  That late dinner ended up being Five Guys, which just opened in Hyde Park this summer:


When I first moved to the Midwest, I was told that Five Guys is the Eastern equivalent of In-N-Out.  I was on my list of Chicago food places to check out until I saw Five Guys in Washington DC and in New York.  After that, it just didn't seem so pressing anymore.  This summer, I found out that Five Guys is coming to San Jose, which dropped it close to the bottom of my list of priorities.

Yet, somehow Five Guys became my first dinner out back in Chicago.  I don't understand how I lasted two years without succumbing and then once I officially decided to put it off, I ended up inside:


The all you can eat complimentary peanuts were cute:


The coolest thing there had to be the touch screen soda fountains:


Kinda overkill, but cool all the same

I got a large order of cajun fries to share:


I really appreciated how they dumped extra fries directly into the bag.  Any place that doesn't jip on the fries is good in my book.

I went with the little hamburger:


If that's the little burger, I wonder how big the regular one is.  Damn.

While the burger was good, I don't know if I would say that it's better than In-N-Out.  Then again, I haven't been back to In-N-Out for a while now.  Guess I should withhold judgment until I can say for sure.


Five Guys
1456 E 53rd Ave
Chicago, IL 60615
(773) 363-6090
http://www.fiveguys.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!