South Bay: Quickly

On my last night in California before returning to Chicago for school, my mom asked me what I wanted to have for dinner.  Uh, Taco Bell?

One chalupa and half a chicken quesadilla later, my ahyi called to say she wanted to see me before I left.  Little did I know that she would bring a fried feast with her:


If I had known, I certainly would've forgone the Taco Bell.  Okay, maybe I would've still had a chalupa...they're just too good to pass up.

Anyway, my ahyi got us pearl milk tea:


Two bags of popcorn chicken:


One bag of fried fish balls:


And one bag of fried tempura:


She also brought a box of tea-flavored eggs for my dogs:


Yes, you read that correctly.  For my dogs.  Whenever my ahyi comes to visit, she always brings some kind of snack for my dogs, whether it be bananas or hard boiled eggs.  I don't know when this started.  All I know is that my dogs adore her.  So much for loyalty...

As usual, my ahyi went a little crazy with the ordering.  There was no way we could have finished all that food.  While I could say that my ahyi is clueless that way, it would be much more diplomatic to say that her habit of over-ordering is a sign of her generosity.  Yea.  She's still clueless though.

I've been back in Chicago for a few weeks now and I desperately miss pearl tea shops like Quickly.  I really don't understand why there are no such places in Chicago.  It's tragic.  TRAGIC.

But even more than that, I miss my family (that includes you, ahyi!).  Winter break can't come soon enough.


Quickly
http://www.quicklyusa.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!