Korea: Hongdae

After dinner it was back onto the streets of Hongdae:


I had one mission and one mission only.  Find the waffle stand.

We'd actually walked around Hongdae once before with CK's uncle.  We came across the waffle stand on that trip and noticed its long line.  CK's uncle wouldn't let us buy a waffle though because he said that he wanted to treat his nieces to something of "better quality".

I was crushed.  I really wanted a waffle.

So when we went to Hongdae the second time, I was dead set on getting me a waffle.  The only problem was finding it.  Hongdae is rather like a giant maze packed with people.  Miraculously, we somehow found our way to it:


There were two types of waffles, one with ice cream and one without.  Everything is made fresh to order.

Here's the waffle with ice cream:


The waffle came with three scoops of ice cream:


I don't remember now what flavors they were, but I do remember them all being fruity and nasty in an artificial kind of way.  (There might have been an apple flavor...maybe a grape too?)

The regular waffle, on the other hand, was amazing:


There was some kind of strawberry butter spread inside:


Mmm...the waffle was warm, while the spread was buttery and sweet.

Mission accomplished.

Comments

  1. this reminds of the delicious waffles I had in HK! Warm waffles with a spread of peanut butter, condensed milk, and sugar in the middle!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!